Chronic Migraines: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
According to the Cleveland Clinic, chronic migraine affects between 3 and 5 percent of people in the United States.
June is Migraine Awareness Month. Which is why we at Lincoln Pharmacy would like to focus on the symptoms and causes of chronic migraines and help those who suffer from it find treatment and medications.
- What is Chronic Migraine? Chronic migraine is when a person has at least 15 headache days a month, with at least 8 days of having headaches with migraine features, for more than 3 months.
- What Causes Chronic Migraine?
There are several factors that may cause chronic migraines to develop over time. These are:
- Mood disorders, especially anxiety and depression
- Ongoing disrupted sleep pattern
- Excessive caffeine intake
- History of severe emotional (stressful life events) or physical trauma
- What are the Symptoms of Chronic Migraine?
Chronic migraine symptoms are the same with your typical migraine. The only difference is in the frequency of the number of headaches.
Watch out for the following signs:
- Pain on one or both sides of the head
- Throbbing pain or pressure-like pain
- Sensitivity to light, sound, smells
- How is Chronic Migraine Treated? Treatment for chronic migraines is focused around making healthy lifestyle changes and managing headache triggers.
Some patients may also be prescribed drugs that can be easily purchased from any Drugstore in Lincoln, California, such as paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen to help ease head pain and discomfort.
Our Pharmacy in Lincoln, California strives to provide each of our clients with high-quality products and services to ensure the efficacy and safety of their treatments.